Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Kool G Rap Names Rappers He Would Want in A Super Group

Rap Legend, Kool G Rap has come forward to name a couple of rappers he would consider if he were to put together a super group, and i think his list is quiet interesting. I know a couple of people don't know G Rap; He is from the era of the Rakim's, KRS 1, Big Daddy Kane and Slick Rick- the mid to late 80s. And a lot credit him to be the originator of the multisyllabic rap style that you hear being used by AZ, Big Pun, and Eminem. He was also the popularizer of the street/mafioso narrative in rap, which rappers like Raekwon, Jay-Z and Nas took after. On jay-z's Encore song, he says- "Hearing me rap is like hearing G rap in his prime...".

A lot of rappers have openly said they were influenced by this rap veteran, and the list is endless, but i would just drop some you might be familiar with- Mobb Deep, Jay-Z, Rah Digga, Eminem, Notorious B.I.G, RZA, Raekwon, Memphis Bleek, Nas Kurrupt, Twista...

Before i get lost in telling you who he is, lets jump into what he had to say about forming a super rap group-

"Let's see, right now, G. Rap, Nas, Eminem," Kool G told SOHH when asked who would be in his dream rap group. "I can't ignore the fact that that boy Eminem is incredible. He's lyrically incredible. Anybody that's ever sat and fronted on this dude's talent is like, come on, man. Stop playing me. I'm a [hip-hop] nemesis and even I can't ignore the dude's talent level. I would say my man Jay-Z. We're talking lyricists right here. I'm talking real heavy weights. Not taking anything away from the cats out there because there are cats out there that are current that I like. I like T.I. and Rick Ross. But we're talking super rap groups, so I gotta go with the heavy weight lyricists that are undeniable on anybody's radar. I don't care what era we're in. You can't take Nas being a lyricist beat away from him." (SOHH)

Showing love for the newcomers, Kool G. Rap said Slaughterhouse's Joell Ortiz has proven to be worthy of joining his dream team.

"Nas did so much in the earlier part of his career that it holds weight," G. Rap added. "Nas and Jay-Z gotta definitely be in there. I think Eminem has shown and proved enough that he deserves a spot in the category of legendary lyricists including myself. If I had to snatch a new cat, it would have to be Joell Ortiz." (SOHH)

I think those are the last of a dying breed, for real. I might throw Raekwon in there, but that's just me. I think no one can fault his list; there are no other rappers in the game right now that are more lyrical than the people he mentioned...i guess that's why he stressed the fact that he was choosing off their lyrical abilities. If Big Pun was alive, he would definitely be on that list. I think joell ortizt should be honored he made that list.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar