Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Halloween Costume : Saturday Night Zombie Nurse!

 Sorry about the delay in posting my Halloween costume from this year! I will post a full list of products and all when I get five minutes but I thought ye might like to see what I went dressed as! I went as a zombie nurse. It was because I had the dress, I had the gear so I thought why not.

Now as you can see, there were some issues and successes with the make up. Successes were the teeth I applied, the tooth enamel paint with gave me rotten teeth and the white eyeballs but the issues were my arms. I had to wear a jacket which removed all the hard work I put into my arms, I also needed a wig as well which I had no time to buy as I was stuck in the country until I got my flight back to Notts.
 I had such a great night although removing spirit gum is always best after a few drinks - it hurt!
 So the products I used were :

Kryolan spirit gum
Kryolan fake blood
Kryolan latex
MAC red face paint
MAC black acrylic paint
MAC eyeshadows in Humid, typographic, fig 1, deep truth and carbon - oh and Gesso on the eyes!
Kryolan tooth paint
Snazaroo face paint in black, red and white
Snazaroo wax
 I love it. I will give some advice from my struggles!

1 - MAC face paints stain. Make sure you have some good remover handy!
2 - Keep latex and spirit gum out of your hair - it hurts like hell to remove!
3 - Bring the tooth paint with you on the night out if you want to keep the rotten tooth effect as it comes off with alchohol and peels off throughout the night
4 - Get spirit gum remover. It helps
5 - Keep in mind that fake blood doesn't set so be aware that you will stain everything you touch, wear old clothes and mind people when you hug them!
I've been asked how I made the white eyeballs. This is literally it :

Get a good primer for the eyes. I used Soft Oche paint pot by MAC, this will help you get a nice even finish especially if you are using matte shadows. I then painted Gesso by MAC across the lid using a flat brush. I built it up until I got a nice even finish. Do not use mascara at all. Then close your eyes whenever a photo is taken!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar