Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Kiehls Experience!

 I was really lucky the other night to be invited to go and see all the goodies in the Nottingham Kiehl's store! I was curious because when you work as a make-up artist, your skin is under constant attack from chemicals. I wear A LOT of make-up for work. So I wanted to see what Kiehls could offer me to help limit the damage caused by my facial uniform!

Nevermind that I am a nut for skincare and spend a small fortune on good product. However as it was pointed out to me, we spend a fortune on disposable fashion but yet we only get one skin so why not spend money maintaining it? Quite right!
It's hard not to be impressed by Kiehls. On the high street since 1851 in New York, they have become the go-to range for celebrities ranging from Meryl Streep (she adores their lip conditioners), Sienna Miller (uses their shampoos) and the Victoria Secret girls who love their Creme De Corps lotion as it  makes them glisten! Kiehls have passed through three generations of family who share a love for natural formulas, great customer service, ethical shopping and animals! Kiehls have a pet range which sadly is only available in the US!

Now there are some products that are no longer on the shelves - although making a sort of comeback of late - leeches! Yes you could buy your leeches at Kiehl's back in the day! 
 There are some serious products here. I had my skin tested and as it turns out - I'm oily! I always thought I had bone dry skin as a result of a nightlife that would give Iggy Pop a run for his money but no! I have been having issues with oil based foundations of late and I was wondering why I couldn't wear them. It was suggested that I change my skincare routine and try something a little less oil based. So I'm in the process of doing just that! I actually managed to wear something with oil in recently and it went okay! I would suggest that before you buy, speak to the staff. They really know their stuff and they can advise you on what will work best with your skin type. I was really impressed by the information I was given and already my skin feels much better. My next buy is going to be the antiseptic Ultra Cleanser Oil Free Toner which I have been told kills spots!

So I also mentioned ethical shopping. This is a big concern for me as readers of this blog will know that I do not cover brands that I don't agree with or that practise unsafe trading or are American Apparel. I had a few questions for the staff, which to be fair, left me feeling more then happy with the brand as they don't test on animals, the recycle (if you bring your empty products back), they also donate a serious amount to various charities from Rainforest Alliance to the International Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and if your still not convinced then they do a charity Creme De Corps bottle cover every year, previous designers have included Jeff Koons and Brad Pitt.
 It's not all for the girls though! Kiehl's products are unisex but they do a men's range. The reason for this is that men have thicker (3x!) skin then we do and the products need to be a little stronger. They do fantastic shaving balms and creams and moisturisers. However if your man is more soap and water then product and preen - the stores also feature boys toys like the giant plane above! So you can shop in peace without nagging and the usual death stares that boys tend to give while in a cosmetics store. Oh and some stores even have drumkits too.
I was also lucky enough to get some products to sample as well! I've started using the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate already. I love it. It has a fantastic smell and its made using 99.8% natural ingredients. Now if anyone wants to quibble about the price (£36 Which to be fair is not even bad!) - I have to add that I use a drop of it and it spreads around the face really really easily. The same cannot be said for cheaper versions and I can imagine this lasting me a long time!!! Happy days though as I wake up with soft and smooth skin.


Thank you so much to Kiehl's Nottingham for having me over!!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar