Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

(Basement Progress) Painted Fireplace and New Purchases


More often than not, my best design decisions come from spur of the moment ideas.  Ideas that pop into my head and quickly turn into projects before I have time to think about what I'm doing.  That's exactly how a plank wall ended up in our entryway and how our fireplace ended up getting painted last weekend.

I whitewashed our fireplace a few years ago, but always felt it had a funky pink hue that didn't jive with the rest of our basement.  Just recently I started throwing around the idea of painting it white or trying to give it a more "old brick" look, but wasn't sold on either idea.  I sought advice from a few blogger friends and that's when Emily from Table and Hearth asked what I thought about painting the fireplace the same color as my doors.  Whoa, why didn't I think of that?

I already painted the front door, dining room door, mudroom doors, basement door and kitchen cabinets dark, so it only made sense to paint the fireplace.  By now you are probably aware that my absolute favorite color combination is light walls, dark doors and accents of wood tones and gold. Contrast is what I crave and I knew the best decision was to paint the fireplace dark.  It took about a half hour to convince myself it was a good idea then it was go time.

A gorgeous dark gray painted fireplace looks stunning paired with a bright white plank wall! - www.littlehouseoffour.com

Read more »

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar