Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Blogdecember Day Thirteen




It’s a rather dank day here on my south sea island. Not the tropical paradise that some people imagine. The wind is rattling in the chimney and the cat is snoring contentedly, or is that my husband!


I managed a quick escape this morning to have coffee with my neighbours. Something that has been part of my Sunday routine for many years. Today we made a point of sticking to the two metre rule and acted sensibly, on this virus infested island of ours. None of us wants to be in lockdown for Christmas. It was lovely to  see my sons for lunch now they have been released from their lockdown. Middle son is back to school tomorrow and hopefully his week will be virus free.


Only twelve more days until Christmas and I have reached the stage of mild panic. Up until now I have been feeling quietly confident that I’m ahead of the game in this paired back festive season. Now I keep remembering things yet to do. I’m always the same each year, but it takes a few days before sanity returns. Food is never a problem. We are predictable people and my shopping list is similar each year. Once a few more items are bought things will settle. 


No walks today thanks to the weather so it was lovely to sit by the fire and crochet my latest advent square. A very pretty mix of golds and greens in a slightly silky thread. I’m liking the sound of grey for a border but I will wait until all the squares are complete before my final decision. Once my square is complete I may go and practice a few more Christmas carols while all is quiet. Something tells me that Wizard might start miaowing at the sounds. 


So how are things in your corner. Any mild Christmas panic or are your paired down Christmas plans sorted already?


Barbara xxx








Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar