Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Work in Progress.

This is going to be the cover for my little flower book. I have a lot more stitching to do to cover the surface and found out very quickly that the flower stitcher didn't like working on this fabric. It is a sandwich of snipped up tangled threads bonded between two layers of crystal organza, and kept slipping so that the cirles went into untidy spirals rather than neat flower shapes. I had to resort to free machine stitched flowers, then had the idea for free machined leaf shapes all round the edge. These I worked over soluble fabric which I hope I haven't washed out completely to allow them to stay firm and a bit crisp. The light is poor today and the colours are much nicer than they appear here. The fact that it is still damp from washing out the soluble fabric probably hasn't helped!

Quite a bit more stitching required and general tidying up!


I am very irritated by Blogger right now as it won't let me leave comments on some blogs - even some which I have hitherto commented on regularly from the start. It is such a shame, especially when someone has left me a nice comment and I can't say thankyou or answer a question. I wouldn't like those people to think I didn't appreciate their remarks. So, if you are one of those bloggers and wonder why I have gone silent and uncommunicative, I have tried to reply but have been denied access.


I am beavering away on my coursework and should be ready to post again on my other blog next week.


The weather forecast led us to believe there would be all sorts of stormy conditions this week and I expected strong winds, lashing rain and frosty nights. I think we must live in a sheltered spot and often escape the worst of everything. It has been a bit windy and we've had the odd shower and a nip in the air, but nothing untoward. I could have done with a bit more rain and will now have to water the vegs and things I planted in pots for the spring. Some people are never satisfied.



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar